To assist in fostering a safe skate for all, participants are required, as per OQRC’s COVID-19 protocol:
- To wear a properly fitted mask (face covering) at all times, whether entering, skating, resting or exiting.
- Wherever possible, to practise physical distancing of two meters (six feet) from other skaters, attendees and facility employees at all times.
- To provide the Venue or Ottawa Quad Rollerskating Club with a COVID-19 Self-Screening Questionnaire on the day of the event as per instructions communicated for each event.
- Not to handle any of the event equipment (sound system, cones, etc.)
- To abide by any instructions communicated by OQRC volunteers.
As per our regular Safe Quading Code, all participants are further expected:
- To mitigate the inherent risks involved in the practice of rollerskating by considering wearing head and limb protection.
- Not to consume or bring beverages and food on the skating area.
- Not to skate counter to the direction practised by all skaters
- To only skate in reverse if safety of others is not compromised.
- To restrict all stop-and-go practices to the middle of the skating area.
- To restrict skating to the beginners’ area in the case of absolute novice skaters.